- UK Currencies Direct Ltd, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5AA, United Kingdom. Registered in England & Wales, No.: 03041197. Currencies Direct Ltd is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority as an Electronic Money Institution under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011. Our FCA Firm Reference number is 900669.
- South Africa All our foreign exchange transactions are processed through an Authorised Dealer Bank in South Africa in strict accordance with South African Reserve Bank (SARB) Exchange Control Rules and Regulations. Currencies Direct External Profit Company, registration number 2011 / 117232 / 10 is an authorised Financial Services Provider (FSP - 43493) regulated by the Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA) and a Primary Accountable Institution registered with the Financial Intelligence Centre Act, under reference number AI/120106/00001.
Currencies Direct (Canada) Inc/ Devices Directes (Canada) Inc is registered with the Financial Transactions and Report Centre of Canada (Registration No. M08690900) to operate a money services business in Canada. Currencies Direct (Canada) Inc./ Devices Directes (Canada) Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Currencies Direct Limited, a company authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom as a e-money service provider.
Currencies Direct Inc./ Devices Directes (Canada) Inc. is a New Brunswick corporation with its registered office located at 44 Chipman Hill, Suite 1020, Saint John, New Brunswick E2L 2A9.
- EU Our EU services are provided by Currencies Direct Spain.
Currencies Direct Spain, EDE SL, Avenida del Mediterráneo, 341, 04638 Mojácar, Almería, Spain. Registered in the Commercial Registry of Almería under the Spanish tax ID number B04897930.
Currencies Direct Spain, EDE SL is authorised by the Bank of Spain as an Electronic Money Institution under Law 21/2011 of 26 July and Royal Decree 778/2012 of 4 May. Our registration number with the Bank of Spain is 6716.
Authorised to operate in Portugal: Currencies Direct Spain, EDE SL Sucursal em Portugal, Banco de Portugal licence no. 7972.
USA licensing informationCurrencies Direct is registered as a Money Services Business at federal level with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (“FinCEN”) a bureau of the U.S. Department of Treasury.
In addition Currencies Direct Inc. is licensed as a Money Transmitter in the relevant state regulatory agency in the US. Residents of certain states may have specific rights related to concerns or complaints about our services. Please click on the highlighted states for more information.
- California (CA) California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation
Money Transmitter License # 2660
If you have complaints with respect to any aspect of the money transmission activities conducted at this location, you may contact the California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation at its toll-free telephone number, 1-866-275-2677, by email at [email protected] or by mail at the Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, 2101 Arena Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95834.
- Florida (FL)
- Georgia (GA) Georgia Department of Banking and Finance
View our license here
For suspected violations, call Currencies Direct on (407) 900-21-74 or contact the GA Department of Banking and Finance - Money Service Businesses
2990 Brandywine Road, Suite 200
Atlanta, GA 30341-5565
- Illinois (IL) Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation
Division of Financial Institutions
View our license here
If you are an Illinois resident and have a complaint or other concerns regarding the money transmission services offered by Currencies Direct, you may contact the Department of Financial and Professional Regulation
320 W. Washington,
3rd Floor, Springfield,
IL 62786 Tel: (888) 473-4858
- New Jersey (NJ) New Jersey Department of Banking & Insurance
Money Transmitter License # L070530
Reference No. 1803617 For suspected violations contact Currencies Direct at (407) 900-21-74 or contact The NJ Department of Banking & Insurance -Licensing Services Bureau Banking, P.O Box 473, Trenton, NY 08625-0473 Tel: (609) 292-7272
- North Carolina (NC)
- Pennsylvania (PA) Pennsylvania Department of Banking & Securities
View our license here
For suspected violations contact Currencies Direct at (407) 900-21-74 or contact:
Pennsylvania Department of Banking & Securities
17 North 2nd Street, Suite 1300
Harrisburg, PA 17101
(800) PA. BANKS (Pennsylvania residents)
(717) 787-1854 (out-of state residents)
- Rhode Island (RI) Rhode Island Division of Banking
View our license here
If you are a Rhode Island resident and have a complaint or other concerns regarding the money transmission services offered by Currencies Direct Inc, you may contact the Division of Banking
1511 Pontiac Ave., Bldg. 68-2
Cranston, RI 02920
Tel: (401) 462-9500
- South Carolina (SC)
- Texas (TX) Texas Department of Banking
Money Transmitter License #3183
If you have a complaint about our services, first contact Currencies Direct customer support at 1-855-207-3503. If you still have an unresolved complaint regarding the company’s money transmission activity, please direct your complaint to:
Texas Department of Banking,
2601 North Lamar Boulevard,
Austin, Texas 78705
1-877-276-5554 (toll free)
- Washington (WA) Washington Department of Financial Institutions
Money Transmitter License # 550-MT-117489
For suspected violations contact Currencies Direct at (407) 900-21-74 or contact the WA Department of Financial Institutions
Division of Consumer Services
150 Israel Road, S.W.
Tumwater, WA 98501
Right to Refund—The following applies only to Transactions that are submitted by Senders in the State of Washington: You, the customer, are entitled to a refund of all monies received for transmittal within ten (10) days of receipt of a written request for refund unless any of the following occurs:
(i) The monies have been transmitted and delivered to the recipient prior to receipt of the written request for a refund;
(ii) Instructions have been given committing an equivalent amount of money to the person designated by the customer prior to the receipt of a written request for a refund;
(iii) Currencies Direct Inc has reason to believe that the a crime has occurred, is occurring, or may potentially occur as a result of transmitting money as requested by the customer or refunding the money as requested by the customer; or
(iv) Currencies Direct Inc is otherwise barred by law from making a refund.
- Complaints Policy
Currencies Direct Inc is committed to promptly resolve any issues that might arise during your dealing with us, you can make a complaint by contacting your usual dealer or you can email us at [email protected]
If they are unable to resolve your complaint it will be escalated to the relevant manager for investigation.
We will start investigating your complaint as soon as possible and aim to resolve the matter as quickly as we can, keeping you regularly informed of our progress. In our final response, we will explain our assessment of the complaint to you, along with any remedial action or redress. We will also take measures to improve any systems or processes where necessary.
For complaints you might also contact:
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Currencies Direct Financial Markets (CDFM) © Currencies Direct Financial Markets Ltd, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5AA, United Kingdom. Registered in England & Wales No. 05289789. Currencies Direct Financial Markets Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for the conduct of designated investment business (FRN 495699). Currencies Direct Financial Markets Ltd is a subsidiary company of Currencies Direct Limited and part of the Currencies Direct Holdings group of companies. Currencies Direct ltd is authorised by the ACPR to provide cross-border services as a payment institution in France.