- How do I register? It’s quick and simple; all you have to do is fill an online form. Click here to start registering now.
- I am not sure that I want to register as yet. Can I speak to someone to find out more? Absolutely, our team of experts is here to help you. Give us a call on +44 (0) 20 7847 9400. Alternatively, you can complete our contact form and we will be in touch shortly.
- Why do I need to register?
There is no catch to registering with us; it’s free and you don’t have to transfer if you don’t want to.
By registering with us, you will not only access our online system 24/7 to send and receive currencies at all time but you will also obtain expert guidance on the markets from our team of specialists. They will give you live market quote and assist you in the choice of the transfer services that best suit your needs.
Ready to register? Click here.
- Why do I need to give you copies of my bank account and my passport? We’re committed to the highest standards in quality and safety, therefore, to comply with FCA and HMRC guidelines, we need to know your details (who you are, where you live, etc.). We never share any of your data with anyone else and we store all customer information securely.
Please note that in some instances we may ask for further details from you, on top of standard details requested.
- Why should I trust you with my money? We’re committed to the highest standards to ensure that your funds are safe at all times. We have the highest possible Dun & Bradstreet credit rating and also keep your money in a segregated account* so we’re not using your money to run our business. Find out more about the safety of your funds by clicking here.
*Our bank providers do not monitor the funds we place on safeguarding accounts or how we operate these accounts. It is our responsibility to segregate funds.
- How can I transfer my money? We’ve made your overseas money transfers quick and simple. We give you the option to transfer through our online system, our mobile app, over the phone or in one of our branches. Once you’ve agreed your contract, you can send us the money via debit card or a bank transfer. Find out more about how it works by clicking here.
- How long will it take for my money to be in an account overseas? It will depend on where you are sending the funds and how long it takes you to settle with us. We can send money to countries in Europe on the day you book the deal but it usually takes between 24-48 hours. We send a lot of payments so just talk to us and we can tell you how long your funds will take.
- Will you inform me when you have sent my payment?
Yes, we will send you a confirmation email as soon as we have sent the currency to the recipient’s account.
- Can I cancel a transfer? Our contracts are legally binding, therefore, once you have confirmed your transfer, whether it is by phone, in branch, online or via our app, it is no longer cancellable.
- How can I find the IBAN of my payee? It’s essential that you provide us with the correct IBAN (International Bank Account Number), as it will ensure that the money you’re sending reaches the correct bank account overseas.
Usually if you’re settling an invoice it will be documented on the invoice itself. In any other case, the best way to obtain the IBAN is to simply ask the person or company you are paying.
- If I live outside of the UK can you still help me? Yes, we have thousands of customers who are not resident in the UK. We also have offices all over the world so we may be able to help you somewhere locally – click here to find out more about our locations and contact us.
- What are the currencies I can transfer?
At Currencies Direct, we offer fee-free transfers on over 60 currencies. If you can’t find the currency pairing of your choice online or if you would like more information about it, do not hesitate to contact us.
- How is my exchange rate calculated? The exchange rate that you see on the news is called the ‘interbank rate’ – it’s the wholesale rate at which banks (and only banks) buy and sell currency between each other. This rate is not available to companies or individuals.
At Currencies Direct, we are able to buy currency at a wholesale rate and we pass the savings we receive from buying in bulk to our customers. You will always get quoted a price for the currency you want to buy or sell whether you trade online or over the phone.
The exchange rate changes every few seconds but once we agree a rate with you – that’s the rate you’ll get.
- At which point is my rate confirmed? Will it continue fluctuating until I receive my transfer? The exchange rate of your transfer is the rate you’ll agree with your currency expert over the phone or online when you book your transfer. Once the transfer has been confirmed, you rate will be remain the same, independently of what is happening on the markets. We offer tools and services, such as Rate Alerts and market updates, to help you follow the rate movements and decide the best moment to transfer. Find out more here.
- What are your charges?
There are no charges for most of our transactions and no hidden fees or commissions. If we do charge for a service, we’ll tell you upfront so you know exactly what it’s going to cost you. We do 90% of our transactions for free!
- I have friends and family who have overseas money transfer requirements. Will I be rewarded if I refer them to you? Absolutely! We'll send you a £50 Amazon voucher for every friend you refer who registers with us and transfers £5000.
- How can I refer my friends and family? It’s quick and simple. All you have to do is log in to your online account, go to the “Refer and earn” section and enter the email address of your friend. Refer now!
- Can I refer more than one person and still be rewarded? Yes, there is no limit to the number of friends you can refer. You will be rewarded for each valid referral.
- How long does it take for me to receive my vouchers?
The vouchers will be sent within 30 days of the qualifying trade made by the person who has been referred.