The key facts about our business.
Whether you’re here to make sure the we’re a reputable business, or you’re swotting for a forthcoming interview (good start, by the way), we’ve laid out our key statistics below.
We’re proud to report these key facts, as they are a product of our passion and commitment to making money transfer better. That means easier to understand, simpler to use and – most importantly – of significant value to you.
- We were the first money transfer provider in Europe, starting in 1996.
- Our 21 branches are located in London, Spain, France, Portugal, USA, South Africa, India and China.
- We’re the only money transfer provider with a large retail presence, phone system, online service and mobile app.
- More than 150,000 people and businesses have saved time, hassle and money by using our service.
- We made more than 400,000 payments last year, trading £4.5bn in currency.
- We’re authorised by the FCA as an Electronic Money Institution (EMI).
- We have a level 1 credit rating with Dun & Bradstreet (that’s the highest you can get).
- We're registered with HM Revenue & Customs as a money service business.
- Our customers’ money is always processed through a segregated bank account, to keep it 100% safe.
- We employ more than 450 happy, smiley people throughout the world.
- We trade in more than 60 currencies.
Meet our team
We’ve got the best in the business at Currencies Direct – meet the senior management team and find out a little about the people behind the curtain.Meet our team