Senior Business Development Manager
Currencies Direct is looking for a strategic and results-oriented Senior Business Development Manager.
You have extensive experience developing and acquiring SME and Corporate customers and a continuous desire to better understand your customer’s needs.
The successful candidate will effectively influence decision makers by understanding their business challenges and articulating the benefits of our payments solutions and risk management capabilities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a high growth and fast moving fintech team. We are one of Europe’s most established foreign exchange specialists. We were the first company in the UK outside the banking industry to offer specialist currency services. With offices in Africa, Asia, Europe and North America, we are looking for people eager to be a part of an exciting growth journey.
Key Responsibilities and Outputs:
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual revenue targets and performance KPI’s.
- Identify high potential industries developing relationships with relevant industry bodies to position Currencies Direct as the preferred partner.
- Leverage marketing automation and sales enablement tools to effectively manage leads through the entire sales process.
- Expert knowledge in all aspects of Cash Flow and Currency Risk Management with the ability to articulate strategies appropriate to the needs of the customer.
- Expert understanding of Currencies Direct products and capabilities: platform(s) for receiving and sending payments, hedging tools for managing currency volatility and recurring market commentary providing valuable insights in to the broader business and economic landscape. This includes both generic FX and also the Currencies Direct Mass payments Platform.
- Expand the depth and integration of customer relationships with new business opportunities by conducting professional and effective relationship management
- Develop a deep understanding of your prospect’s business and validate customer needs and decision criteria on an ongoing basis.
- Daily use of Salesforce.com to ensure your pipeline is always up-to-date and accurate.
Skills and Requirements:
- A proven sales professional with in-depth experience closing FX/payments opportunities with Corporates.
- An existing network of high potential prospects.
- Preference for CF30 – level 4 RDR but will consider those willing to become RDR compliant
- History of exceeding sales targets using a consultative, solutions-focused approach.
- A persistent will to succeed in complex sales processes.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to prioritise multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellence in new customer acquisition and assisting others in closing business.
- Strong understanding of regulatory frameworks relevant to FX and payments and knowledgeable of Fintech innovations.
- Solid understanding of the flow of funds in international payments models.
- Presents themselves and Currencies Direct in a professional manner with excellent presentation and communication skills across all media.
- Proficiency with required business applications: D n B / Duedil (or similar), Salesforce.com, Microsoft Office, Online demonstration and/or conferencing tools.
- Multi-language skills considered a significant advantage.
Reports to: Head of Direct Corporate Sales
Direct reports: None
- Base salary: Negotiable
- Commission scheme to be discussed
- Pension contribution
- Private health insurance