No transfer fees
325,000 happy customers
Highest level of creditworthiness
We handle over £7.5 billion a year
Transfer & receive a £50 Amazon voucher!
Special offer for IFA members
Creating an account with us only takes two minutes and once you’ve registered and transferred over £10,000 (or equivalent) we’ll send you a £50 Amazon voucher. **
You must quote your IFA membership number when registering in order to qualify for the voucher. Only one voucher will be issued per customer.
Our team have been helping individuals and businesses make their money go further since 1996 with excellent exchange rates, no transfer fees and tailored transfer solutions.
If you need to trade with the UK, make cross-border purchases or sell overseas assets we’re here to help you save time and money.
We can also manage your transfers if you’re emigrating, in receipt of a cross border inheritance, sending funds to family or paying international school fees.
Every transfer has a story
Due to lower feed and fertiliser prices in the first half of 2020, Pat - a dairy farmer - decided that he could afford to invest in an upgrade of his tractor.
Pat found a second hand tractor being sold privately in NI for around £25,000, but as he had heard a lot about financial scams for online machinery purchases he was very cautious about transferring his funds to the seller.
He didn’t want to send the funds before viewing the tractor, and he knew from experience that his bank would offer a poor exchange rate for an international bank draft. Using his bank would also mean he’d be stuck with the bank draft if he decided against going ahead with the purchase.
After researching currency providers, Pat decided to use Currencies Direct to send his euros to the seller. He had an initial chat with them and was able to open an account that same day.
He discussed the latest exchange rate movements with his account manager and decided to convert the euros while the rate was in his favour and hold the Sterling in his account until he was ready to transfer it to the seller.
Pat travelled to NI to view the tractor and was happy with the condition, so he logged into his Currencies Direct account, entered the seller’s details and transferred the Sterling. The funds were in the seller’s account within a couple of hours, meaning Pat could head home the same day.
Pat found the process simple, secure and cost-effective, and has since used Currencies Direct for subsequent transfers.
Award winning service
Over the years we’ve won a number of awards, including MoneyAge Money Transfer Provider of the Year in 2016, 2018 and 2020.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I use Currencies Direct instead of my bank?
With us you’ll receive an unrivalled level of support and insight. We also offer excellent exchange rates, fee-free transfers and flexible transfer options.
How much does it cost to make a transfer?
Opening an account with us is free, and we don’t charge transfer fees. We’ll also help you secure an excellent exchange rate.
How does it work?
Simply create an account and tell us how much you need to transfer. Once you’ve agreed the exchange rate send us the funds to transfer and we’ll do the rest!
How can I stay on top of currency movements?
We’ll keep you up-to-date with regular market updates straight to your inbox. You can also set rate alerts and check live rates online 24/7.
Will my money be safe with Currencies Direct?
The security of your funds is our priority. We hold the highest credit rating with Dun & Bradstreet, adhere to strict compliance procedures and have a dedicated in-house compliance team.
What services do you offer?
With us you can benefit from services like purchasing currency in advance, fixing an exchange rate for up to a year, automating regular transfers and targeting a specific exchange rate.
* Fees and exchange rate data for banks taken from FXC Intelligence (an independent comparison service). See website for details
** Terms & conditions
- The offer is only available to new Currencies Direct customers who quote their IFA membership number at the point of registration.
- “Registration” is completed when customers pass our verification checks (as required under the Money Laundering Regulations).
- All vouchers are issued in Pound Sterling. Amazon vouchers in other currencies (e.g. Euros or US Dollars) are not available.
- Vouchers will be paid after the registered client has transferred £10,000 (or equivalent).
- All vouchers are sent to the email address attached to your account. Postal vouchers are not available.
- All Amazon vouchers are subject to Amazon’s terms and conditions. Currencies Direct makes no representation and offers no warranty in respect of the goods and/or services purchased using the Amazon gift certificate and accepts no liability in respect of the same.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- This offer cannot be redeemed by Currencies Direct employees or their partners.
- All vouchers are non-transferable and no cash alternative is available.
- Currencies Direct reserves the right to withdraw this offer and amend these terms and conditions at any time.
- These terms and conditions shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.