Selling on marketplaces like Amazon, Cdiscount and Fnac?
Save up to 75% when you receive foreign currency payments, and pay your overseas suppliers for less.Get started
Save up to 75% on foreign exchange costs every time you convert your sales from marketplaces like Amazon, without the hassle of opening local bank accounts in the countries you sell to.
Our segregated collection accounts let you collect multiple currencies and manage your transfers from one central and easy to use online system.
You decide when we convert your funds, and can ask us to notify you when the rates are in your favour. You can even save time with automated transfers.Get started
How it works
Compatible with all of the largest online marketplaces
Paying your suppliers
We help online sellers who source their stock overseas to save time and money when it comes to paying suppliers in their local currency. Our payment services include:
- Spot contracts: make a payment immediately at a great exchange rate.
- Forward contracts: protect your profits against adverse exchange rate movements by locking in a rate which can be used at a later date.
- Multiple payments: handle a large number of overseas payments efficiently with our integrated upload service.
Why choose Currencies Direct?
Hear success stories straight from our customers.
Martin Lea - Jac in a box
Currencies Direct customer since 2013
Shamir Patel - Chemist 4 U
Currencies Direct customer since 2015
We're trusted by thousands of online sellers and authorised by the FCA*, so you know your funds are in safe hands.
* Currencies Direct Ltd is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority as an Electronic Money Institution under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011.
Only pay for what you use.
New customers can open an account for free with no monthly charges or payment fees.
When you use our service to convert currencies it costs between 1-2% of the transfer amount.
Same currency transfers are also available at a competitive non-conversion fee.Get started
We've compiled a list of the most common questions we're asked. If your question isn't on this list, please get in touch. One of our friendly experts will be happy to help.
Please select a category.
- How long does it take to complete a registration?
- Once we receive your full application, we will normally take around 48 hours to approve the account. You will be sent bank details shortly afterwards.
- Which documents do I need to register?
The supporting documentation needed to complete your registration will depend on the location of your business and shareholders:
If you are a UK company with non-UK shareholders or directors, we will need copies of government issued photo ID (e.g. passports), and proof of address (utility bill or personal bank statement) no older than three months.
If you are a business located outside of the UK, you will need to supply the following documents:
- Copies of government issued photo ID (e.g. passports) for directors and shareholders
- Copies of proof of address (utility bill or personal bank statement) no older than 3 months for directors and shareholders
- Copy of the annual tax return or other official document which confirms the names of the individual shareholders/owners of the business
- Copy of the certificate of incorporation or business bank statement
Applicants may also be asked to provide us with verification of their seller profiles, a member of our team will explain the requirement, this will usually take the form of a seller profile screenshot.
- Which online marketplaces are compatible with Collection Accounts?
Our Collection Accounts can receive credits from the following sources (please note the number of marketplaces that your Collection Account is compatible with will depend on the country and currency in which it has been opened):
Amazon, eBay, Paypal, Cdiscount, Priceminister, Pixmania, Lazada, Groupon, Play, Rakuten, Game, Fnac, Spartoo and Bol.
The number of compatible marketplaces is growing all the time. If you are using another marketplace that you’d like to collect currency from, or if you’d like more help setting up payments from any of the sources mentioned above call us for more information.
- Can I get a certificate to verify my Collection Account?
- Yes you can. We are able to provide certificates to verify access to banking facilities. Certification is sometimes required by marketplaces for this purpose.
- Do I have to sign up for a minimum period?
- There is no minimum period that you can hold an account for. If you no longer require your account please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your client details.
- What are the account charges?
New customers can open an account for free with no monthly charges or payment fees.
When you use our foreign exchange services to convert your currency it will cost 1-2% of the total transfer amount.
There's a 0.1% receiving fee applied to all funds collected in your account. We will include this fee in your agreed exchange rate but it will appear separately on your statement.
Same currency transfers are also available at a competitive non-conversion fee. Please contact us for more details.
- Which countries can I open an account in?
- You can currently open Collection Accounts to collect sales made in the following countries: USA, UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy.
- Can I have more than one Collection Account in a specific currency or country?
- You can open multiple Collection Accounts in one country and currency, which can be easily managed online. You may wish to contact your dealer to open additional accounts if you use more than one trading name or would like to separate revenue from different product lines.
- What currencies is my Collection Account able to receive?
- We currently offer Collection accounts in pounds, euros and US dollars. It is possible for the Accounts to receive different currency denominations but an additional conversion charge will be placed on these funds.
- Does AutoWithdraw carry additional charges?
- No, AutoWithdraw is a free service offered to all online seller customers.
- How can I pay overseas suppliers with Currencies Direct?
Our business foreign exchange service allows you to achieve great exchange rates on outward payments to suppliers in foreign currency.
Due to regulations, we are not able to make supplier payments directly from your Collection Account balance, however, we are able to remove a conversion fee from your outward payment to avoid paying twice in a two-part transfer. Please contact your account manager if you’d like to discuss this process.
- How will I be notified when I receive money into my Collection Account?
- We will inform you by email and SMS when funds are received into your Collection Account. The notification will include the details of the payment received and a real-time total balance of the account.
- How can I check my balance?
- You can check your account balance at any time by logging in to your online account and using the ‘View statements’ tab. From there you can also see a record of your transactions and download a copy of your statements.
- Can I set up automated payments from my Collection Account?
Our AutoWithdraw service enables you to set up rules that will automatically transfer balances in your Collection Account to a specified location. You have the option to automatically transfer funds, every time they arrive in your account, or once your account balance reaches a desired level.
Go to the ‘AutoWithdraw’ tab on your online account and follow the instructions to set up a rule, or cancel an existing rule, at any time.
- Do you have a refer a friend scheme?
- Yes we do. If you would like to refer our service to another online seller please contact your account manager.
- How can I set up a Rate Alert?
Our Rate Alert service allows you to set a target exchange rate that you would like to achieve for your currency conversions.
Once your desired rate has been reached we will send you an SMS and email alert.
To set up a new alert or modify an existing Rate Alert log in to our online service and go to the 'Rate Alert' tab.
- How secure are my funds?
The security of our customer' money is our principal concern. The Collection Accounts we provide are for the sole purpose of collecting marketplace sales and are issued to customer on an individual basis. This ensure that your sales proceeds are safeguarded and completely segregated from those of other sellers and our own business funds.
Currencies Direct does not speculate on currency markets and all of our transactions with customers are conducted in line with the requirements of the Financial Conduct Authority to ensure customers receive the utmost protection (see question 'What regulations and standards do Currencies Direct adhere to?' for further details).
The business holds a level 1 credit rating, the highest possible, with Dun & Bradstreet and our Collection Accounts are issued by Barclays and Deutsche Bank. US dollar accounts are protected under the US government Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation scheme (FDIC).
- What regulations and standards do Currencies Direct adhere to?
Currencies Direct Ltd is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority as an Electronic Money Institution under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011. Our FCA Firm Reference number is 900669.
Currencies Direct Ltd is registered in England & Wales at One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5AA, No. 03041197.
- Where can I send money from my Collection Account?
Your Collection Account balance can only be used to make payments to your own bank accounts. We can make payments to your bank account in over 40 different currencies including AUD, CAD, DKK, EUR, HUF, INR, JPY, MUR, MAD, NZD, NOK, PLN, RON, SGD, ZAR, SEK, CHF, THB, AED, USD, HKD, and RMB, please contact us if you require a currency which is not on this list.
It is also possible to transfer money from your Collection Account without converting the currency, however, there will be a 1-2% non-conversion charge applied to this transfer.
- How long will it take from the marketplace paying me to receiving funds in my own bank account?
Marketplace payment timescales differ. In the case of Amazon sellers, funds take 4-6 days to appear in your Collection Account. This is standardised and would take the same amount of time as it would if Amazon were sending funds to your own bank account.
You will receive a balance notification in the morning when funds are available to withdraw. As soon as you receive notification, you can instruct us to transfer funds either by phone or by logging into your online account. Once you have confirmed a transaction we will send the funds to your bank account. The funds will normally be available in your own bank account within 24 hours; this is subject to the business opening hours of your bank.
We work with some selected partner organisations to provide you with more online seller services and to help your business grow.
If you are an organisation offering services for online sellers and want to find out more about becoming a partner, please email us.